WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today we cried and cried and cried, both of us, (I understand now Paulie).

Caitie was a bit funny all morning and has been waking in at night recently with nightmares, so I was not surprised when she didn't want to go into the room once we arrived at the centre, let alone SCREAMED when I stood up to leave. After 10 minutes of trying to distract her with the dolls, home corner and puzzles which didn't stop the crying and heartbreaking sobs of "Let me come with you", "I want my Daddy" and "I want a cuddle, lots of cuddles", I handed my hysterical baby girl over to this all of 17 years old stranger and left the room in tears. Apparently she had a rocky day, was ok in bursts but basically upset for most of it. When we went to pick her up as soon as she saw me she ran and burst into tears again and wanted to go home.

The Childcare worker Kristy said that this is usual as the first day it is all exciting but the second day they realise that it means Mummy leaves them for the day and that's the worse thing you can do to them as far as they are concerned.

Anyway she will get use to it once she gets to know the other kids and the carer's, but in the mean time it is the WORST feeling EVER to just turn your back and walk away from your crying hurting child. I so hope it doesn't take long.

SNIFF SNIFF SNIFF